I’ve finally completed 37 freeCodeCamp basic and intermediate algorithms. Initially I didn’t like solving algorithms as much as writing code and building something that I can see. However algorithmic reasoning skills helps a ton when building apps.
There’s still advanced algorithms to complete, I hope to practice and more practice. Although I hope that I don’t ever have to solve algorithms on a whiteboard. It was stressful trying to solve Ruby algorithms at TechLadies in the presence of our mentor. I probably like take home algorithm assignments better 🙂
Things I learnt
- Learning how to solve algorithms is very important in programming.
- Take a little break when you’re stuck at a problem, the answer may come to you soon after.
- Talk to someone to see the problem from a different perspective.
- There’s so many different and creative ways to solve an algorithm problem.
- It’s not exactly innate ability but practice that makes you good at maths / algorithms like what this guy said.